Information about new waterproof camcorders is coming in frequent pace. New Kodak PlaySport Zx3 pocket camcorder is quite impressive piece of waterproof electronics. This audacious little camera can plunge up to 10 ft under water and capture the entire experience in full 1080p HD, also 720p. And you don’t need to worry about blurry footage when things get a little shaky. With built-in image stabilization, the KODAK PLAYSPORT will stay steady.
Main specs of PlaySport Zx3:
- Waterproof up to 3 meters
- Full 1080p HD video
- Electronic image stabilization
- 2-inch color display
- Capture 5-megapixel HD stills (16:9)
- Edit and upload to the Web with built-in software and included USB cable
- SD/SDHC card slot expandable up to 32GB (up to 10 hours of HD video)
- Weight 128 grams
Everything is very OK, but lens is not as wide as I’d like to see. In 1080 mode, lens focal length is 48 mm. I experienced, that on the boat You may need wider view angle, something like 24mm lens.
Yes, second edition of DMC-FT1 adds AVCHD Lite 720 video, upgraded 14 megapixel sensos and more.
- LEICA DC Lens with Folded Optics Technology (=read: Quality lens)
- 28mm Wide-angle Lens (read, usable on the deck in small space)
- 4.6x Optical Zoom
- Shockproof, Waterproof, Freezeproof and Dustproof Protections
- 14.1-megapixel High-resolution CCD
- Beach and Surf Mode / Snow Mode / Sports Mode
- Optional Marine Case DMW-MCFT2
- Sonic Speed AF
- Fast Start-up Time (read: usable in action)
As Photography Blog says
As with its predecessor, the FT2 is a take anywhere, use (almost) anywhere that combines sophistication with resilience. It’s also certainly one of the better-looking “tough” cameras on the market, only surpassed in our view by the rather attractive Casio EX-G1. The DMC-FT2 really will survive most things that you throw at it, or throw it into – we bet that you’ll only upgrade the FT2 in future for a better specified model, rather than because it cracks under the strain of hectic family life.