Yes, second edition of DMC-FT1 adds AVCHD Lite 720 video, upgraded 14 megapixel sensos and more.
- LEICA DC Lens with Folded Optics Technology (=read: Quality lens)
- 28mm Wide-angle Lens (read, usable on the deck in small space)
- 4.6x Optical Zoom
- Shockproof, Waterproof, Freezeproof and Dustproof Protections
- 14.1-megapixel High-resolution CCD
- Beach and Surf Mode / Snow Mode / Sports Mode
- Optional Marine Case DMW-MCFT2
- Sonic Speed AF
- Fast Start-up Time (read: usable in action)
As Photography Blog says
As with its predecessor, the FT2 is a take anywhere, use (almost) anywhere that combines sophistication with resilience. It’s also certainly one of the better-looking “tough” cameras on the market, only surpassed in our view by the rather attractive Casio EX-G1. The DMC-FT2 really will survive most things that you throw at it, or throw it into – we bet that you’ll only upgrade the FT2 in future for a better specified model, rather than because it cracks under the strain of hectic family life.